If you are just joining us…get settled in! But before you dive in here, make sure to go back and read Part 1 of our 5 part – 300 Hour Master’s Program series!
Our bodies move every day. It’s what gets us from one point to another. Understanding how our body moves means looking at our anatomy, physiology and psychology.
During our 9 weeks together, we will be discussing how the topics below impact our movement and yoga practice.
- Psychology of Movement – How our environment and learned behavior impact our motor control and sensory control systems.
- Physiology of Movement – How the muscles, joints and bones facilitate movement of the body.
- Physiology of Breath – How the lungs function to bring forth relaxation to the entire body.
- Pranayama – How breathing techniques in yoga bring forth wellness in mind, body and spirit.
- Advanced Alignment – Taking alignment to the next level as we unpack how the body should optimally move to promote whole-body health.
- Anatomy of Shoulder, Girdle and Pelvis – How to properly utilize our shoulders and pelvis to promote total body health and combat the negative effects of sitting.
- Fascia – Unpacking the amazing structure of fascia and how it can promote and inhibit movement.
- Yoga to Support a Healthy Back – Discussing how alignment and movement can support the spineand reduce back issues.
- Cueing/Designing an Anatomical Focused Flow – How to create a sequence of movements and yoga poses that can support body alignment.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke estimates that 80% of adults experience lower back pain at some point in their lifetime. In addition, back related problems are the most common reason for job related disabilities and missed worked days. The more a person understands their alignment and anatomy, the better their able to support areas of discomfort.
Have any questions about this module? Be sure to post your questions in the comments below and check back with us on Wednesday, September 25 at 3:00pm Central time for a LIVE Q&A discussing all things Masters Training! You can head to our Facebook page on Wednesday to connect.
For more information on taking a deeper dive inside anatomy and alignment, check out our upcoming 300 Hour Masters Training!
Post by: Christina Mroz is a Senior Trainer for Holy Yoga Global®, LLC. She leads an array of HYG’s specialty trainings from Kids, Pre/Postnatal, Chair/Senior, Weights, Yogalates, Plus, Adaptive, and Therapy Yoga certifications with an emphasis on alignment and accessibility for all ages and abilities. Christina is an E-RYT 200 hour and continuing education provider through Yoga Alliance. She teaches yoga and movement classes in Somerset, WI and through her blog christinamroz.com.