200/100 hour trainingIntroduction
Welcome to Holy Yoga’s Instructor Training! We are so excited you are here. Below you will find all the information you need to get started.
Verify your time zone by going to this link http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html so you know when your sessions start in your area.
weekly immersion sessions
We will be using Zoom for the weekly training sessions. Please watch the following video about how to use Zoom if you are unfamiliar. Each week your instructor will email you the call in information. The call in info they send you each week is the same so feel free to save it a safe place for easy access.
- Sessions start promptly.
- Once you pick a session time there is no switching between immersions if you miss.
- If the Lead Instructor has not initiated the webinar it will ask you to come back closer to the start time.
- Arrive to each weekly session at least 5 minutes early so we can start on time.
- Bring your Bible and manual to each session.
- Please bring any questions along as we will address them.
- The Process of Revelation Bible study is only five sessions long. The first study takes place entirely during the Session 1 webinar. You will be responsible for watching the remaining four study videos before Sessions 2-5 to prepare for discussion during the live sessions.
There are four books required for your training, they are to be purchased separately:
- Holy Yoga: Exercise for the Christian Body and Soul by Brooke Boon. This will serve as your manual in addition to Hatha Yoga Illustrated.
- Hatha Yoga Illustrated by Brooke Boon and Martin Kirk which will serve as your instructional and photographic manual.
- Eat This Book by Eugene Peterson. This nine chapter book outlines the importance of the Word and meditating on it. It will accompany our training week by week and teach you how to immerse yourself in the discipline of biblical meditation.
- Experiential Worship: Encountering God with Heart, Soul, Mind, and Strength by Bob Rognlien needs to be read throughout the course, but there is no suggested timeline.
Homework & Accountability hours
- If you are in the 200 Hour training you can expect to commit, on average, 16 hours per week to completing content during Immersion: 3 hours done with an instructor and 13 done independently.
- If you are in the 100 Hour training you can expect to commit, on average, 10 hours per week to completing content during Immersion: 3 hours done with an instructor and 7 done independently.
- Journaling is for you and Jesus. You will not turn this in and there is no assigned format for it. There will be an online accountability question in regards to your journaling time each week, but you will not be required to actually share journal entries.
- HYTV: If you do not currently have a subscription to HY TV, we would like to gift you with 2 free months to assist with your personal practice requirements. Go to https://holyyoga.net/product/instructor-training-60-day-trial-hytv/ and use the password: 60day2019training to access this special deal! NOTE: You may not apply this code to existing HY TV subscriptions.
- If you HAVE TO miss a session, that is understood but it should not happen more than twice. Please always let your instructor know if you have to miss. To make up a missed session, please click on the session you missed in the Training Center and watch the recording and complete all of the online homework.
- Missing more than two sessions, without prior communication/arrangements with your instructor, will leave your training incomplete and you will not be certified.
- If you encounter any difficulties or questions with the Training Center during your course, please submit them to the help desk (the handy purple dot). Doing so will get you the quickest, most accurate answer or problem resolution, and it also helps us track and manage tech issues. Our customer service team is live Monday – Friday, 6 am – 5 pm CST. We are committed to getting back to all questions as quickly as possible, often within the hour, but it can take up to 48 hrs depending on resource availability and time of help request submission.
- Community classes:
- 200 Hour Students – In the course of your nine week training you will teach three community classes. There is a quiz in weeks 5, 8 and 9 you’ll take for accountability. There is no requirements on locations or number of participants.
- 100 Hour Students – In the course of your six week training you will teach one community class. There is a quiz in week 5 you’ll take for accountability. There is no requirements on locations or number of participants.
This is a spiritual endeavor…if you are feeling pushed upon today or this week, KNOW THAT IT IS NORMAL!! The Lord wants you so badly in this, that your adversary WILL make himself known, mostly in your thoughts. Be aware and come against him. If He is for us, who can stand against us? Just because you come upon a hard time in a faith-wielding act, it does not mean this is not your time or that the Lord did not provide this for you.
We are so excited for you and can’t wait to see what the Lord does in your life.