I. Website Privacy
“Personal Information”, is any information that enables us to identify you, directly or indirectly, such as your email address, name, shipping and billing address, telephone number, company name, credit card information, any form of identification number or one or more factors specific to your physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the data controller is Holy Yoga Global, whose registered office is at 1560 Wilson Blvd., Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22209.
What Information We Collect About You and How We Use It
Information You Provide to Us
You can browse our Website without providing any personal information to us. Holy Yoga Global gathers and retains personal information about you when you voluntarily submit it to us and automatically collects statistical information about visitors’ use of the Website. Information that you submit may be linked with statistical information about your access to and use of the Website.
Inquiries and Forms
If you choose to complete and submit a form or otherwise provide information through our Website when you make an inquiry, including but not limited to the “Contact Us” page, by phone or email, we may collect and retain the Personal Information you provide, including your name, postal or email address, contact information and any other data you submit.
Social Networking Activities
The Website includes the ability for you and other users to link to social networking websites. As a result, we receive information about you when you choose to post or otherwise share information about our Website on these social networking websites. We may also receive Personal Information about you from your social networking account depending on your privacy setting for that account; this may include name, profile picture, age range, gender, language, country, and other public information. You can control this by adjusting your privacy setting on your social network account.
Before you can utilize some portions of the Website, we will require that you create an account and provide us with your first name, last name, and email address, and create a password. Some information may be posted on the Holy Yoga Global Registry at the election of the registrant. You can choose to post some of this information on the Holy Yoga Global Registry.
Surveys, Contests and Other Promotions
Use and Retention of Information You Provide
We may use the information we collect from you for our legitimate operational and development interests, for example:
• to respond to your requests or inquiries,
• to process transactions you have requested,
• to manage or facilitate the operation and security of the website,
• to enhance your experience with Holy Yoga,
• to communicate with you about membership, applications, transactions or registration, and about products, services, events and other opportunities related to yoga or Holy Yoga
• to identify you or authenticate your identity,
• to communicate with you regarding your account with us,
• to monitor and improve the use and satisfaction of website users,
• to display advertisements relevant to your interests,
• to notify contest winners and award prizes,
• to conduct research and analysis, and
• to expand our services and outreach.
When users of the Website wish to contact a registered user they may do so using information that the registered user has agreed to post on the Holy Yoga Global registry. Registry information can be limited by visiting the Account Management pages. We may facilitate the transmission of email messages from site visitors who use the “email me” button on the Registry so that the registrant’s email address is kept private. We retain the communications using this feature.
We may communicate with a customer through email using the customer’s personal contact information on file in our systems to inform the customer of new products, important industry news or information about Services and upgrades provided by Holy Yoga® Global.
Automatically Collected Information
URLs and IP Addresses
The types of cookies we may use on our Website include:
Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We may use session cookies to grant you access to content and to enable actions you must be logged in to do.
Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We may use persistent cookies to better understand your use patterns so we can improve the Website. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember that your choices on the Website, but this only works when cookies on our site are enabled.
We do not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser, because we do not track users other than for aggregate statistical purposes.
How Personal Information May Be Shared
• Holy Yoga Global and its affiliate Holy Yoga Foundation may share information that we collect about you with each other and with our affiliates.
• We may disclose information that we collect about you to our third-party contractors and payment processors who perform services for us in connection with the Website or to complete or confirm a transaction or series of transactions that you conduct with us.
• We may also disclose information to service providers or suppliers if the disclosure will enable that party to perform business, professional or technical support for us, including, for example, survey and contest administration, processing of application information, marketing partners, analytics services and research services who provide sufficient guarantees of security of your information; these providers are permitted to use the information in order to provide the services to us but are contractually not permitted to use the information for their own unrelated purposes.
• We may disclose information that we collect about you to verified Holy Yoga Global Continuing Education Providers or others whom Holy Yoga Global recognizes as providing relevant continuing education courses; these providers are permitted to use the information in order to provide the courses offered but are not permitted to use the information for their own unrelated purposes.
• As part of Holy Yoga, we may provide your information to our partners and sponsors, so as to provide you with access to benefits and to allow them to communicate important information about them. We may also provide such information to other select third parties approved by Holy Yoga Global as offering products or services relevant and useful to you.
• We may disclose information about you as part of a merger, acquisition or other sale or transfer of the assets or business of Holy Yoga.
• We may be legally obligated to disclose information about you to the government or to third parties under certain circumstances, such as in connection with illegal activity on the Website, or to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal processes. We reserve the right to release information that we collect to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole and absolute discretion, deem necessary or appropriate.
• We may share aggregated or anonymous information that does not identify you with third parties. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to the Website or the number of people who have downloaded a particular document.
Publicly Displayed Information
Holy Yoga Global has an online directory accessible to the public at www.holyyoga.net. If you are a credential holder, the directory allows interested parties – including potential clients and employers – to find you. However, you choose how much or how little information you want to be displayed, as described below.
Opting Out of Communications
If you do not want Holy Yoga Global to share your information with any of its approved partners, sponsors, or other relevant third parties, please contact us at the email or phone number listed below under Contact, and state your request along with your first and last name, email and postal address and phone number. We will make every effort to process all such requests within 30 days.
If you no longer want to receive promotional emails from Holy Yoga Global on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving emails by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of those email you receive or, if you have an online account, you may log in to your account and make changes to your communication preferences. If you are having difficulty unsubscribing using the above methods, please contact us directly at the email or phone mailing address number listed below under Contact. Please allow ample time for us to process your request. However, please note that even if you opt out from receiving promotional emails, we will continue to send you service-related communications and may need to keep information we have collected about you for record-keeping, research, and other purposes.
As a registered user of the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user name and password. Please keep this information confidential.
Links to Other Websites
This Website is not intended for children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, please do not use or access this Website at any time or in any manner. By using this Website, you affirm that you are over the age of 13. Holy Yoga Global does not seek through this Website to gather personal information from or about persons under the age of 13 knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from the child’s parent or legal guardian. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information provided by a visitor under the age of 13 without permission from a parent or legal guardian, we will delete the information from our records. A child’s parent or legal guardian can also request that the personal information of their child be deleted from our records.
Your California Privacy Rights
For California Residents Only. Under California law, a California resident with whom we have an established relationship has the right to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent to us at the mailing address set forth below.
Your European Privacy Rights
For Individuals Within The EEA European Economic Area Only. Under the GDPR, in certain circumstances, you have the right to: (a) request access to any Personal Information we hold about you and related information, (b) obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate Personal Information, (c) request that your Personal Information is deleted provided the Personal Information is not required by Holy Yoga Global for compliance with a legal obligation under European or Member State law or for the establishment, exercise or defense of a legal claim, (d) prevent or restrict processing of your Personal Information, except to the extent processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; and (e) request transfer of your Personal Information directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can request access to the personal information we have for you by contacting us using the contact information below. We will provide you with a copy of the data that we have for you. We will fulfill your request by sending your copy electronically unless the request specifies a different method. If you believe that the personal information or personal data that we have about you is incorrect, you can contact us to update it. If at any point you wish for us to delete your personal information or personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at 1334 E. Chandler Blvd., Suite 5 #B-71, Phoenix AZ 85048-6264. For your protection, we only fulfill requests for the personal information associated with the email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
Access to Your Personal Information
You are required to provide us with accurate and up to date Personal Information. Holy Yoga Global gives you the ability to amend your Personal Information at any time by accessing your account on our Website and modifying the Personal Information on your account page. You can ask us whether we are keeping Personal Information about you and you can as to receive a copy of that Personal Information. Before sending you any Personal Information we will ask you to provide proof of your identity. If you are not able to do so, we reserve the right to refuse to send you any Personal Information.
Access from Outside North America
The Personal Information we may receive may be held on our computers and systems in the United States and Canada and may be accessed by or given to our staff working in North America. Your Personal Information may be processed by us in the United States where laws regarding data protection may be less stringent than those in other countries.
II. Other Privacy
You may provide personal information to us other than on or through the Website. Aside from through the Website, other ways we collect personal information include via email, telephone, facsimile, postal mail, or in person. If we use any information on or through the Website that we collect other than on or through the Website, the Website Privacy terms, above, will apply in their entirety to the use of such information. If personal information you have provided is not used on or through the Website, then the only sections of the Website Privacy terms above that will apply to the use of such information are: “Use and Retention of Information You Provide,” “How Personal Information May Be Shared,” “Governing Law,” and “Contact.”
Last Updated December 2018