Kids of all ages love to move their bodies. Even newborns are often found moving in one way or another. This is why yoga is perfect children of all ages.
- Better sleep
- Improved digestion and eased gas pain/colic
- Reduced constipation
- Increased immunity and circulation
- Increased awareness of body and movement
- Early understanding of health and physical activity
- Development of a positive self-image and self-esteem
- Reduced stress, tension and anxiety
- Aided development
- Longer and more restful naps after a yoga session
- Promotes contentment and relaxation
- Teaches release of tension
- Teaches healthy management of stress and stressors
Post by: Christina Mroz is a Senior Trainer for Holy Yoga Global®, LLC. She leads an array of HYG’s specialty trainings from Kids, Pre/Postnatal, Chair/Senior, Weights, Yogalates, Plus, Adaptive, and Therapy Yoga certifications with an emphasis on alignment and accessibility for all ages and abilities. Christina is an E-RYT 200 hour and continuing education provider through Yoga Alliance. She teaches yoga and movement classes in Somerset, WI and through her blog christinamroz.com.