- NOTE: this posture is contraindicated for folks with knee injury or replacement
- Kneel in the center of your mat: knees slightly apart, feet just wider than hip distance
- Inhale: lengthen your spine. Exhale: start to take your hips back toward your heels, lean your body slightly forward
- As you descend, reach down and take hold of your calves, rolling them away from center to make space
- Continue moving the sits bones toward the mat. If you experience any resistance, place a block beneath the sits bones.
- Once you are a rest in the posture, place your hands on the thighs, palms facing up or down, and breath for 3-5 breaths.
- To exit: place your hands on the floor and press firmly as you lift your hips up just a bit, then sit back down to one side. Gently stretch your legs out long in front of you.
The following exercises provided by Holy Yoga® Global, LLC are for educational and entertainment purposes only, and is not to be interpreted as a recommendation for a specific treatment plan, product, or course of action. Not all exercises are suitable for everyone and this or any other exercise program may result in injury. Any user of this exercise program assumes the risk of injury from performing the exercises suggested. Please consult a physician if you have a previous medical condition prior to beginning your practice. Holy Yoga® Global, LLC disclaims any liability from and in connection with this program.