An interpretation of Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 for kids:
For everything there is a season, and a time for everything under heaven:
2 a time to be born, and a time to grow old;
a time to plant, and a time to pick what you planted;
3 a time for hurting, and a time to heal;
a time to knock things down and a time to put them back together again;
4 a time to cry, and a time to laugh;
a time to be sad, and a time to dance;
5 a time to finish a project, and a time to start something new;
a time to hug, and a time to keep your hands to yourself;
6 a time to win, and a time to let somebody else have a turn to win;
a time to hold on, and a time to let things go;
7 a time to tear apart, and a time to sew together;
a time to be quiet, and a time to speak up;
8 a time to love, and a time to say “that’s enough”;
a time to argue your point, and a time for peace.
No matter what happens in life, God loves you and is in control. He will take care of you in every season!
Practice TREE POSE and celebrate the season of FALL.
- Stand rooted on one foot.
- Bring your other foot to your ankle, calf, or inner thigh. Be careful to not put it on your knee–that might hurt you!
- Pull your belly in. Feel as strong as a tree trunk!
- Let your arms float up like tree branches. Is that a bird sitting on your pinky?
- Wiggle your fingers like leaves falling to the ground.
- Now, practice TREE on the other side!